Monday, March 19, 2012

There was an old lady who lived in a shoe...

This past month has been miserable for me. I have been sick for weeks now. The only thing I'm allowed to take doesn’t work. All I want to do is lay around. That being said, I have realized from this experience that my body is currently not my own (well I knew that already, but it's now overwhelmingly apparent). Granted I know that there are limitations when you're pregnant, I know that there are annoyances while you're pregnant. I have never been one of those women who spouted on and on about the joys and wonders of pregnancy, but I've never hated either. This time around however the emotion hate isn't too far off. Because of this I am ashamed of myself, but I'm sure many women feel the way I do. At least I hope so, I really don't want to be the only mother attending this pregnancy pity party! "Oh, it will be over soon!" you might say. But no, my goal this time around is to not use formula at all! So that means there will still be limitations and annoyances for a long while. Wow! Women are strong! Much stronger than men will ever be, because given all the gross, exhausting, limiting, things we go through, we do it again and again and again and absolutely love the outcome!!!

1 comment:

  1. I hate you feel so bad Amanda! I'll be praying your pregnancy eases and you feel better. The stuff my daughter went through with her pregnancies makes me know you're not alone with your feelings. I'm too old to remember myself... :)

    ReplyDelete