Saturday, October 8, 2011

Weakness

I don’t know why I am so vulnerable.  I wish for once in my life I could be one of those women that could handle the hits and roll with the punches.   Even on my best days I am feel weak.  I feel inadequate.  I know being a mother can make you feel this way, I know that every mother grieves the loss of her confidence when she becomes the one to mold and shape a life.  But feeling this way day after day with every decision I make is taxing. I feel as though every move I make is wrong.  When I foolishly make a confident step, very much like walking in the dark, I quickly realize there is no step there and I am left with that sickening lunge forward.  And at once I realize my mistake and I am scared to step again.  The dark is frightening and I soon find myself standing still, petrified.  If you haven’t guessed, I am in one of “dark deep woods” moods.  I will never venture in of course, but the wood will forever remain lovely.

3 comments:

  1. Amanda...beautifully written...poignant... compelling...and every mother identifies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,
    Do you want any thoughts when you're contemplating? Or would you rather just wander? As I read your thoughts, my mind went to the Word. You have God in your heart and He can help you to focus and lead your children. I fall often on the verse that says if I raise my children in the way they should go, when they are old they will not depart from it. You are raising your children to have a relationship with God and He will honor you and your efforts! You are special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the husband of this woman, I have something to say. I don't know this woman of whom you are writing. She must be hiding behind the beautiful, strong minded, quick decisive jewel of a woman that I'm proud to call my wife. And if this hidden entity is part of my wife then this is what I would say to her. The next time you feel as though you are walking in the dark, think of me. I know I have a few loose screws, but I can be your hand rail. Reach out to me when you take the next step and maybe it won't be so frightening. Since I can't sing it myself, I'll leave it to the great Aaron Neville to close. "I don't know much, but I know I love you....And that may be, all I need to know! "

    ReplyDelete