Friday, December 16, 2011

When words won't come....

Wow this has been a rough couple of months. Since the second week in October I have been exhausted and nauseous. It is all for a wonderful blessing of course as Jeremy and I have decided to add to our little family. We realize we are not financially, mentally or spaciously, ready for another child, but really how many people are. I’m betting very few. Sometimes I find myself thinking “what have I gotten into?” and other times I just can’t wait to meet our new little addition. Most feelings are of the latter. I am finally feeling better and want to get back to eating healthy, exercising and writing.


I miss writing. It’s like a very good friend I never call or visit any longer. Since I can remember I would write, I loved it! Every mood, change in weather, visitor….really anything prompted me to write. Ideas flowed so freely I couldn’t get them on paper fast enough. Eventually friends, dates and school work got in the way, soon followed by the responsibilities of a job, husband, house and kids. I rarely make time for my good friend anymore. It comforted me in periods of loneliness, sadness, times of being misunderstood or feeling disconnected. Even in my happiness. Now years past, the ideas don’t produce as easily. I have to work much harder for them now. Maybe I misused my dear friend or took for granted the ease at which my words came forth. How I wish I could tap into mind that was so full of ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...Amanda...I think you just did tap into that mind that is full of beauty and words. As writers, I think we all feel from time to time that we are pulling 'word' teeth...but...even as we write about not being able to write...we are writing...words and pictures are forming on the page.

    As to why we are so fickle to the practice that keeps us sane...I don't have a full answer...but I think it has to do with feeling selfish...because it is something that we do for ourselves...first and foremost...

    What we forget...is that is exactly why we should do it...because it is something selfishly for ourselves...that keeps us sane...and that is neither fattening or illegal...

    So...treat yourself from time to time...you deserve it...and your family will benefit from it...

    And I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete